payroll: PayNews - March 2024

BA Payroll Office News payroll at lists.uoregon.edu
Fri Mar 22 17:01:09 PDT 2024

to encourage departments to check their student rosters and use any federal work study funds available

PayNews - March 2024

Reminders

  *   Terminations, LWOP, FTE Reductions - Please notify our office immediately if you become aware of employees, especially salaried employees, who are terminating their appointments, going on leave without pay, or reducing their FTE before March 31, 2024. This includes salaried employees who terminated prior to March 1, but also employees affected by insufficient paid leave hours to cover time off or separation paperwork that is just now being submitted.  New Spring appointments for GEs and some Faculty begin in March, and this helps prevent overpayments.

Our office would like to work with you in adjusting the employee's March pay to prevent an overpayment. Your prompt notification will prevent financial hardship for the employee. You may email payroll at uoregon.edu<mailto:payroll at uoregon.edu>, or contact the Payroll office at 541-346-3151.

  *   W-2 Electronic Access - As we approach the 2023 tax filing deadlines, we would like to remind everyone about how to retrieve your W-2 on DuckWeb. Below are the steps to access and print:
     *   Log in to DuckWeb (https://duckweb.uoregon.edu) using UO ID number and PAC
     *   Click "Employee Information"
     *   Click "Tax Information"
     *   Click "W-2 Wage and Tax Statement"
     *   In the Tax Year dropdown select "2023" and click "Display"
     *   Scroll down and click "Printable W-2"
     *   Enter the last four digits of your Social Security number as your PIN and click "Submit"
     *   Print or save to PDF the resulting page and that is an official W-2
  *   Work-Study - With the end of the academic year approaching, the folks at Financial Aid & Scholarships would like to encourage departments to check their student rosters and use any remaining federal work-study funds they have available.
Upcoming Events

  *   Payroll Deadlines
     *   March Time Entry Window           March 20th - 22nd
     *   April Document Deadline              April 5th
     *   April EPAF Deadline                        April 16th
     *   April Time Entry Window              April 19th - 23rd
  *   Trainings (Register in MyTrack<https://hr.uoregon.edu/mytrack-talent-management-system-0>)
     *   HRIS Overview                                 April 9th 1:30-3:30pm
     *   I-9 Workshop                                   April 10th 10:00-11:30am
     *   HRIS Time Entry                               April 10th 1:30-3:30pm
     *   HRIS PHAREDS                                 April 11th 10:00am-11:30am
     *   HRIS Electronic Approvals (EPAF)
Contact Cathy McDermond (cathy1 at uoregon.edu<mailto:cathy1 at uoregon.edu>) to schedule for EPAF training

Thank you,
The Payroll Office