[OLAC-credits] Trouble with accents

Elizabeth P. Figueroa epfigueroa at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 15:45:03 PST 2013

Hi,

I'm mainly translating credits in Portuguese, and I've run into the same
problem several times now. When I need to enter a character with an accent,
I've been copying them in from TextEdit (I'm working on a Mac). The most
common are ç, ã, õ, and á (can you all read those, I wonder?). But the
annotator website doesn't seem to recognize those as the same characters in
the credit, even thought they look identical. I get error messages when I
try to submit, which tell me that the terms must be entered exactly as they
appear in the credit. This is irritating on my end, and will also create
more work for others, since each flagged annotation must be manually
reviewed.

Is there any way to avoid this problem? How are other annotators entering
diacritical marks? Thanks for your help.

-Lizzie Figueroa