di: "My Child Will Read" web site: alerting parents about "Teach Your Child ..."

Sheila Chaplin sheila.chaplin.sc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 12:03:58 PDT 2022

Hi Dave,

That's great what you have done.  You are still swimming against the
current.
When my children were also having trouble with reading about 15 years ago,
I went with Teach Your Child To Read in 100 Easy Lessons...so I also know
from experience that it works.

I would just add references to Siegfried Englemann and Direct Instruction
to your site, to give background on the method, since Direct Instruction
works on more than only reading and was proven to work. Maybe on the page
that you explain Project Follow Through?   Here are 3 links...

Zig's Homepage (zigsite.com)... https://zigsite.com/index.html
<https://zigsite.com/index.html>
Siegfried "Zig" Engelmann | Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/ZigEngelmann>
...https://www.facebook.com/ZigEngelmann
Memorial set for Direct Instruction creator ‘Zig’ Engelmann | Around the O
(uoregon.edu)
<https://around.uoregon.edu/content/memorial-set-direct-instruction-creator-zig-engelmann>
https://around.uoregon.edu/content/memorial-set-direct-instruction-creator-zig-engelmann

Best,