di: Connections to Four year old preschool direct instruction classrooms

Lindsay Barnhart ljbarn12 at smumn.edu
Thu May 20 10:19:27 PDT 2021

Greetings,

I am Lindsay Barnhart, a doctoral candidate in the Ed.D. program at Saint
Mary’s University of Minnesota. I am reaching out to you to inquire if you
have connections to four year old preschool classrooms (child care or
public school) that may be willing to participate in my research study
investigating preschool children’s social skills development in various
preschool settings.  This setting is of particular interest given the
unique teacher-child learning environment of direct instruction education.

I am asking participates to complete a questionnaire that collects social
emotional skills data related to self-awareness, self-management, social
awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision making along with
three academic skills related to motivation to learn, reading, and
mathematics. The questionnaire should take 45 minutes or less to complete
for a classroom.

May I ask you to please response to this email with possible research
locations I could contact?

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me (ljbarn12 at smumn.edu) or
my dissertation advisor Dr. Sue Hines (shines at smumn.edu).

Thank you so much for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Lindsay Barnhart, EdD Doctoral Candidate

Dr. Susan Hines, Dissertation Chair

--

*Lindsay Barnhart*