[Cas-allemps] Shared Services Update

CAS Dean casdean at uoregon.edu
Thu Jun 23 15:31:43 PDT 2022

Dear CAS community,

​We are writing with this week's updates on the Academic Support Unit (ASU) and CAS Business Office (CBO) implementation:

ASU updates

  *   The search committee is still reviewing applications for the Associate Director, Academic Support<https://careers.uoregon.edu/en-us/job/529522/associate-director-academic-support> positions. These are the eight OAs who will lead each of the eight Academic Support Units (ASUs).

  *   Please expect an announcement regarding two the Senior Director, Academic Support<https://careers.uoregon.edu/en-us/job/529343/senior-director-academic-support> positions in the next several days.

CBO updates from Sr. Director Leslie Wolgamott

  *   As we approach the end of June, we are in full hiring mode, with several positions posted. Although we are a little behind on the initial projected timeline, we do plan to hit the overall launch of the Business Office by the end of August. Below are a few points of interest.  Please feel free to reach out to me (lwolg at uoregon.edu<mailto:lwolg at uoregon.edu>) if you have any questions or would like to connect.

CBO Hiring Activity

     *   Post-Award Director: Reviewing applications now and looking to begin scheduling interviews this week.
     *   Associate Director, Human Resources: application review will begin 6/24. Will begin reviewing applications and look to schedule interviews the week of the 4th Associate Director, Human Resources, CAS Business Office (uoregon.edu)<https://careers.uoregon.edu/en-us/job/529661/associate-director-human-resources-cas-business-office>
     *   Associate Director, Financial Operations: application review will begin 6/24. Will begin reviewing applications and look to schedule interviews the week of the 4th Associate Director, Financial Operations, CAS Business Office (uoregon.edu)<https://careers.uoregon.edu/en-us/job/529662/associate-director-financial-operations-cas-business-office>
     *   Accounting Assistant Open Pool: interviews are starting this week; however, the post is still active. Accounting Assistant (uoregon.edu)<https://careers.uoregon.edu/en-us/job/529561/accounting-assistant-open-pool>
     *   Travel Manager, Finance and Budget Manager, Purchasing and Contracts Manager: Positions descriptions are being finalized.
     *   Program and Services Manager and the Talent Acquisition Manager: Positions descriptions are being drafted

Workflows & Processes

     *   Reviewing draft processes and hand-offs between the ASUs to the CBO
     *   Reviewing SOPs for human resources and financial operations
     *   Scheduling with central offices on hand-offs from the CBO (BRP, BAO, HR, PCS, SPS, etc.)

Tools and Systems

     *   I have enjoyed receiving various reports and tools that you currently use. Please continue to email me what you have in place.
     *   I would love to continue to hear from you on what you have in place, that might benefit others and where you see we have gaps. Please grab time on my calendar- I’m always up for coffee, lunch, or a Zoom/Teams call.

General updates

  *   For those of you who’ll have less of a presence on campus this summer, we will continue to provide updates via email newsletter and our existing web resources so that you will know what to expect in the fall:

     *   FAQs<https://cassharedservices.uoregon.edu/faqs/>
     *   Academic Support Unit structure and groupings<https://cassharedservices.uoregon.edu/asu/>
     *   CAS Business Office structure and functions<https://cassharedservices.uoregon.edu/cbo/>
     *   Timelines<https://cassharedservices.uoregon.edu/communications/timelines/> (will be updated soon to reflect current status)
     *   Contact email: cassharedservices at uoregon.edu<mailto:cassharedservices at uoregon.edu>.

As always, thank you for your attention and your engagement, and we wish you a wonderful summer!

Sincerely,
CAS Shared Services Steering Committee and Subcommittees