[Cas-allemps] Reminder: Please complete the workplace climate survey

CAS Dean casdean at uoregon.edu
Tue Apr 19 13:18:11 PDT 2022

Dear CAS faculty, graduate employees, and staff,

The university is conducting its first ever campus-wide workplace climate survey of employees from April 11 - 29. This is an important initiative designed to measure and improve our workplace culture. The survey will establish a baseline for understanding our present climate, set a benchmark against which to measure change over time, and help shape current and future institutional priorities.

Let me give you what I think are three great reasons to complete the survey:

1)      It's a first step in taking action to significantly improve diversity, equity, and inclusion on our campus.

2)      It's a move beyond discussion, and a move the campus widely requested during the Diversity Action Plan process in 2017.

3)      High response rates are the only way to ensure the survey is representative and can accurately inform us about our climate and most appropriate actions to address our current context.

4)      The survey is not long and will take just 10-15 minutes for most.
The survey is voluntary, anonymous, and confidential and may be completed during work time. Supervisors have been instructed to set schedules and assign work so that employees have time to complete the survey during their workday as paid time.|

You should have received an email survey invitation directly from Gallup, the firm administering the survey, on April 11 that included a unique link for you to provide your survey responses.  Please check your spam folder for this invitation if you do not see it in your regular inbox.

In order to address issues of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging effectively, we need good information about how and where we face challenges.  Please do your part!

Visit the Division of Equity and Inclusion website<https://inclusion.uoregon.edu/2022-ideal-climate-survey> for more information about the survey, and thank you in advance for taking the time to complete the survey.

Sincerely,
Bruce

Bruce Blonigen
Tykeson Dean