[Cas-allemps] Remote work resources

CAS Dean casdean at uoregon.edu
Fri Mar 13 18:31:21 PDT 2020

Sent on behalf of Sam Crow, CASIT Help Desk Manager

CAS Employees:

As part of our preparedness planning, we would like to offer the following information and recommendations for anyone who may be preparing to work remotely.

1. CASIT may have increased response times in the coming weeks, as we work through questions, and participate in larger campus planning efforts.

2. If you have a laptop, start taking it and its charger home with you each night. If this is not your daily computer, please take it out today and make sure it is functional and up-to-date.

3. Confirm that you can join your home wifi and connect to the campus VPN. More info can be found on the UO Service Portal:
https://service.uoregon.edu/TDClient/2030/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=31471

4. Ensure that you have all documents that you may need saved to OneDrive (office.uoregon.edu), or your network file shares so you can access them remotely. For further information please see:

OneDrive
https://casit.uoregon.edu/featured/onedrive-basics-how-to-guide

Network Shared Drives
https://casit.uoregon.edu/training/network-shared-drives

5. If you need help, or have any further questions please:
Send us a ticket: https://casit.uoregon.edu/request-intake-form
Call us at (541) 346-2388 (voicemails go to our queue)

Additional information and resources that may be helpful:

Getting Ready to Go Remote:
https://is.uoregon.edu/remote

Working remote checklist:
https://service.uoregon.edu/TDClient/2030/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=101086

Provost's Office page on Academic Continuity:
https://provost.uoregon.edu/academic-continuity-preparations

Access to Microsoft Office applications including Teams and OneDrive, can be found at:
https://office.uoregon.edu

Adobe products are also available in the Creative Cloud app:
https://casit.uoregon.edu/faq/overview-of-adobe-creative-cloud-application

UO Software Center:
https://software.uoregon.edu

UO Service Status page:
https://status.uoregon.edu

College of Arts and Sciences IT Support Services University of Oregon
(541) 346-2388
casit.uoregon.edu