[Cas-allemps] CASIT Support Changes - Social Distancing and Remote Support

CAS Dean casdean at uoregon.edu
Fri Mar 20 07:57:40 PDT 2020

Sent on behalf of CASIT

CASIT is shifting as much of our services as possible to remote support to maintain social distancing efforts. We will re-evaluate the situation in two weeks or as we receive more information.

Please continue to use the form at https://casit.uoregon.edu/request-intake-form or call us at (541) 346-2388 to submit IT help requests.

Changes to expect while campus remains open

  *   Phone Support - Limited staff onsite to answer phones. If your call goes to voicemail, leave a detailed message, including best contact method, and CASIT staff will return your call as soon as they are available.
  *   In-Person Support - CASIT staff are limiting in person contact. We will first attempt to resolve issues remotely, via our remote support client (BeyondTrust). If an appointment or delivery requires us to come on site, we will work with you to respect social distancing and sanitation protocols.
  *   Drop-in Support - Please contact CASIT before stopping by. Drop ins may be sent away or made to wait, in order to minimize the number of people in our office at a given time.
  *   Purchasing - CASIT is suspending equipment purchases, except where a necessary to address an emergency, or in support of enabling remote work.
  *   Training - CASIT will provide trainings remotely, including training in various remote work software such as the VPN, Teams, and Zoom.

Changes to expect if campus closes

  *   Phone Support - All phone calls will be sent to voicemail.
  *   In-Person Support - All issues will be addressed remotely. CASIT will not provide in person assistance.
  *   Drop-in Support - The CASIT offices will be closed and drop-in support will not be available.
  *   Purchasing - Any orders already placed/in progress will be halted until campus can be re-opened.

 Additional information and resources

  *   is.uoregon.edu/remote<https://is.uoregon.edu/remote>
  *   Provost's Office page on Academic Continuity<https://provost.uoregon.edu/academic-continuity-preparations>
  *   Access to Microsoft Office applications including Teams and OneDrive, can be found at https://office.uoregon.edu<https://office.uoregon.edu/>