[Cas-allemps] [CASIT] Two Step Login Now Available - Action Required

CAS Dean casdean at uoregon.edu
Wed Feb 26 10:40:14 PST 2020

*Sent on behalf of Sam Crow, CASIT Help Desk Manager*

---

To all CAS employees:

Information Services is launching a two-step login service, Duo, for all employees. The service's goal is to improve security around accessing university resources via our Duck ID accounts.

Please note that Duo is available to you now and registration will be required shortly. We encourage you to read the following information and take steps to register soon.

AroundTheO recently published an article about Duo which can be found here:

https://around.uoregon.edu/content/two-step-login-now-available-all-uo-employees

To start registering your device, please start here:

https://service.uoregon.edu/TDClient/2030/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=89166

The easiest method for using Duo is by installing the Duo Mobile application from Duo Security on your cell phone:

https://service.uoregon.edu/TDClient/2030/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=91409

What happens if you do not register for Duo?

In the future, if you have not registered for Duo, you will not be able to access any Shibboleth single sign-on based service, including Canvas, MyTrack, Concur, and the UO Service Portal. At that time, any login attempt requiring Duo will direct you to register a device before moving forward. To mitigate potential work stoppage, please register soon.

As always, CASIT staff are happy and available to answer questions and help walk you through registration if you need it!

Thank you for your time,

CASIT Help Desk
346-2388
casit.uoregon.edu