[Cas-allemps] Seeking help with service portal improvements

CAS Dean casdean at uoregon.edu
Mon Nov 11 15:01:47 PST 2019

Sent on behalf of Sam Crow, College of Arts and Sciences IT Support Services

As part of the Transform IT<https://transformit.uoregon.edu/> User Support Services project, we are taking the opportunity to make improvements to our service catalog located in the UO Service Portal<https://service.uoregon.edu/TDClient/Requests/ServiceCatalog>.

Specifically, we are looking to improve the customer's navigation experience by revising our categories and the services within those categories. We need your help with this effort!

How you can help

Volunteer to participate in a one-hour "card sorting" exercise. Sign up here by Thursday, Nov. 14, to participate:

https://oregon.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0MWXetpBD6OkpyR

All card sorting exercises will be held at the Falling Sky Pizzeria in the EMU.

What is card sorting?

Card sorting is a user experience methodology used to help design the architecture of a website. In other words, card sorting can help create the blueprint for a site's design.

In the card sorting session, participants will organize cards labeled with IT services into categories that make sense to them and then label those groups.

Whether or not you can volunteer yourself, we encourage you to forward this email to faculty and/or staff in your respective unit. The more people from different audience groups and backgrounds that can participate in the card sorting session, the better. This will help us create an online portal that is easy to use and user-friendly.

If you have questions, please contact Kelsey Lunsmann at kdavis2 at uoregon.edu<mailto:kdavis2 at uoregon.edu>.

Information Services

University of Oregon

Thank you!

--
Sam Crow, Help Desk Manager, CASIT
College of Arts and Sciences IT Support Services
University of Oregon
(541) 346-5970
casit.uoregon.edu