[Cas-allemps] Thinking About CAS: New Faculty Profiles and OpEd Project

CAS Dean casdean at uoregon.edu
Thu Nov 14 15:10:53 PST 2019

Dear CAS Colleagues,

In this week's Thinking About CAS blog, we feature four new faculty profiles, the final set in our profile series this fall: Please join me in welcoming  Jennifer O'Neal,<https://cas.uoregon.edu/2019/11/new-faculty-profile-jennifer-oneal-acting-assistant-professor-indigenous-race-and-ethnic-studies/> Indigenous, Race, and Ethnic Studies; Johanna Richlin<https://cas.uoregon.edu/2019/11/new-faculty-profile-johanna-richlin-assistant-professor-anthropology/>, Anthropology; Yvette Saavedra,<https://cas.uoregon.edu/2019/11/new-faculty-profile-yvette-saavedra-assistant-professor-womens-gender-and-sexuality-studies/> Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies; and Honghui Shi<https://cas.uoregon.edu/2019/11/new-faculty-profile-humphrey-honghui-shi-assistant-professor-computer-and-information-science-data-science-initiative/>, Computer and Information Science and Data Science Initiative.  We are also excited to announce a call for proposals for the OpEd Project,<https://cas.uoregon.edu/2019/11/oped-project-call-for-proposals/> a two-day workshop, called "Write to Change the World," that will be co-sponsored by CAS, the Clark Honors College and the Division of Equity and Inclusion. I encourage all TTF and career instructors to apply.

All the best,

Bruce

Bruce Blonigen
Tykeson Dean