travelnews: Moving Expenses on the DuckWeb travel form PLUS New Account Code for Travel Visas

BAO news for travel administrators travelnews at
Fri Sep 7 09:24:01 PDT 2012

Good Morning Travel Coordinators -

Two new items regarding travel today.

Moving Expenses and the Duckweb Travel Form:

For Moving Expense Reimbursements only  when entering a mileage reimbursement, please use the "Other Expenses" category.

As you know, moving mileage for a privately owned vehicle is paid at $.555 per mile and is broken into two amounts.  Please enter each amount on a separate line in "Other Expenses" --  the first $.23 is coded non taxable and the remaining $.325 is taxable.   By listing Moving Mileage under Other Expenses, this keeps this mileage separate from the Business Miles paid on Travel Reimbursements.   Moving miles are not considered Business miles.

New Account Code for Passport and Travel Visa Expenses

If you are reimbursing a traveler for Passport or Travel Visa expenses, please use the new account code 24560.  This will soon appear in the drop down menu in the "Other Expenses" category on the Duckweb Travel form.  (This code is used for travel visas only and not to be confused with employment visas.)

Please feel free to call the Travel Office with any questions:  Laurie 6-3158 or Conny 6-0812.

Thank you,

Laurie Jacoby, CTC
Travel Manager
Business Affairs Office
University of Oregon
lajacoby at
541-346-3158 - Voice
541-346-8078 - Travel Fax

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <>

More information about the travelnews mailing list