travelnews: NEW ** Delta Air Discount plus upcoming educational opportunities

BAO news for travel administrators travelnews at lists.uoregon.edu
Mon Dec 30 08:52:13 PST 2019

** NEW **  Delta Airline Discount:  The UO Travel office is pleased to announce that we have negotiated a Delta Airline discount contract available through our UO travel agencies (TMCs)*  and using the Concur booking tool.   UO business travelers will receive 2% - 20% off qualifying flights.  Partner carriers include KLM, Air France, Alitalia, AeroMexico, Korean Air, Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Australia.

We now have discount contracts for UO business travel with United Airlines, Alaska Airlines and Delta Airlines.  We are currently in conversations with American Air.

(* UO TMCs:  Direct Travel, Premier Travel. UO Athletics: Anthony Travel)

 UO Travel Policy and Concur Overview      **  Monday, January 13 - 8:30am - 3:00pm

Thompson University Center, Employee Education Lab, Room 305.  Please register on My Track:  https://uomytrack.pageuppeople.com/learning/2109

This is our monthly training for new Travel Delegates, delegates wanting a refresher, or delegates in the Processor training queue.  If you are booking and processing travel reimbursements for UO business travel, please attend this important training to learn UO Travel Policy, IRS Accountable Plan guidelines and for an overview of the Concur Travel and Expense system.

 Areas of focus include:

*           IRS Accountable Plan

*           UO Travel Policy

*           Persons eligible for travel expense reimbursement

*           BAO and Travel website overview

*           Online travel resources

*           Concur for Travel Expense orientation

**  This course is required to become a Concur Processor.

Three Steps to Concur Success workshops:
The UO Travel Office offers a one hour workshop for your staff on "The Three Steps to Concur Success".   This session will provide UO business travelers or their support staff with some simple keys to success so users can easily create their Concur Request, Book Travel and file their Expense report.   Consider this useful workshop for a staff meeting or an Office Hours session.  Let us help you feel more comfortable in the system; we can also provide custom sessions for your specific needs.  UO Travelers and Concur users report feeling more comfortable using Concur for entering reports after our workshops.
Other training/discussion topic ideas:
*         UO Managed Travel Program:  How to book UO business travel - TMC (UO travel agency) or Concur booking tool, UO Lodge Cards, One Card corporate travel card
*         Concur booking tool:  How to use search filters, booking hotel and cars, how to find your current and past travel itineraries
*         Concur Request/Duty of Care: the purpose and features of Request
*         Expense/Reimbursement:  Check out the features: Travel Allowance /per diem tables, Mileage Calculator, allocating funds, hotel itemization, print/summary report
*         Guest/ Student travel: Acting as a host to book guest travel with Concur.
*         Mobile tools:  Life savers for your road warriors - Concur Mobile App and Tripit Pro: Itinerary and schedule organizers, ExpenseIt enhancement - receipt capture for smart phone users.
*         Reporting tools:  Analyze your travel spend, review trends, compliance issues
*         Concur Q&A:  Your questions answered, review of your current projects
*         Workflow analysis:  is your process meeting your departmental needs? Streamlining your approval, analyzing if you have too many touch points, Concur user group features and benefits
*         UO Travel and Concur Resources:  Where do I get help?  Tour of UO Travel office website for: ** Concur Step-by-Step manuals, FAQ, tips; ** UO Concur/Travel email and phone numbers; ** UO Travel Agency after hours emergency help, Setting up your Concur User Profile and travel preferences

[cid:D409AF7E-A065-4B03-9E7F-72A60DB7E5EF]
Laurie Jacoby
Travel Manager
Business Affairs Office
University of Oregon
lajacoby at uoregon.edu<mailto:lajacoby at uoregon.edu>
541-346-3158
**  If your travel involves human subjects research, please do not disclose any information that is protected under UO Policy and other Regulations http://rcs.uoregon.edu/content/regulations-and-uo-policy

Travel Office/Concur Help Desk:     Phone:  6-3100 ***  Email:  travel at uoregon.edu<mailto:travel at uoregon.edu>