travelnews: Concur Outreach/Training

BAO news for travel administrators travelnews at lists.uoregon.edu
Wed Nov 21 12:53:19 PST 2018

The Concur team is bringing drop in work sessions directly to you and your travelers!

Attendance at our Concur drop in work sessions has dropped off however we want to continue our outreach and to engage UO travelers and delegates.  For your convenience we are offering one hour sessions at your location. What are your pain points?  How might the Concur team support you and your travelers?  Topics to consider for your one hour session:

·         ABC overview of Concur – Basic steps, deciding whether to use booking tool or TMC, workflow from Request/Travel/Expense

·         Concur booking tool:  Air – search using filters, when to use the TMC, sending TMC ticket authorization; Cars and Hotels – adding later; Trip Library

·         Expense reimbursement - Travel allowance (per diems), allocating funds, hotel itemization, print report

·         Guest/ Student travel

·         Mobile tools:  Concur Mobile App and Tripit Pro – itinerary and schedule organizers, receipt capture for smart phone users

·         Reporting tools to analyze travel spend

·         Concur Q&A  - Your most asked questions, challenges

·         Workflow analysis – do you have too many touch point or are you hamstrung in your approval process?

A number of UO departments have experienced tremendous success in driving Concur traveler participation.  The keys to increased user adoption in these areas have relied upon:

·         Clear Business Plans- They have thought about and determined what their goals are (ex. 90% self-service of domestic travel plans, 70% adoption of concur mobile tools and consistent support for non-conforming/international business travel.

·         Clear Messaging- Clearly defined communications with travelers in meetings and via email that consistently re-state goals and expectations

·         Expectations- Top down expectations of roles and responsibilities within Concur, so travelers are not left guessing and they have clear paths to support and resolution.

·         Support- As part of the exercise of defining business plans and expectations, the most successful units have defined support structures and roles.  This may look different in each unit, but they have each been consistent in defining their tiered support structure either independently, or with support from the BAO Travel office.

Case studies outlining UO department's Concur success have been posted on the BAO Travel website. https://ba.uoregon.edu/travel/concur/concur-case-studies  Please take a moment to review and determine which model your department/school most resembles.

Summary of the different approaches:

·         Service Center Model:   One Concur delegate supports multiple department's travelers.  Delegate proactively reaches out to travelers

·         Concur Super Users:    Several delegates (Super Users) within department/school assigned to groups of travelers

·         Traveler Self-Serve:    Limited delegate interaction

*******************************************************************************************************************************

Additional Travel and Concur opportunities:

Monthly Concur Travel and Expense Roundtable   **  Come meet your Concur Peer Group  **   Drop In – no registration

Wednesday, November 28  **  11am- noon **  BAO Conference Room, Room, Rm 201E,  Thompson University Center

The UO Travel Office will host a monthly Concur Roundtable for Concur travel delegates on the last Wednesday of each month.

This month’s topic:  Expense Report checklist

Agenda:  Monthly Topic,  Concur Updates/Announcements, Q&A, networking, sharing best business practices

Travel Lunchtime Travel Talk   **   “Concur Mobile App”   presented by Jody Bleisch    ** Register:  https://uomytrack.pageuppeople.com/learning/2557

Thursday, December 20 – 11:00am - noon  **  Thompson University Center, Employee Education Lab, Rm 305

Concur mobile app goes where you go and allows you to manage anything expense or travel related where you are.  Great for your Road Warriors, infrequent travelers who love their smart phones, and Approvers.
In this session you will learn how to download the Concur Mobile app, learn its uses and get tips to train your travelers and approvers on the benefits:

·         Manage itineraries

·         Capture receipts with your smartphone, then ditch the paper

·         Add expenses to your report including car mileage

·         Submit reports

·         Approve or send back expense reports via manager access

UO Travel Policy and Concur Process training (Monthly)     **   Register:  https://uomytrack.pageuppeople.com/learning/2109

Monday, January 14 – 8:30am – 2:30pm  **  Thompson University Center, Employee Education Lab, Rm 305

Monthly training for new Travel Delegates or delegates wishing a refresher.  If you are booking and processing travel reimbursements for UO business travel, please attend this important training to learn UO Travel Policy, IRS Accountable Plan guidelines and for an overview of the Concur Travel and Expense system.

Concur Processor Program Rollout  Processor program was announced on Nov. 8 and we have had about 22 delegates enroll and provide their department group list.  We hope to have the groups finalized and will start the training queue in a few days.   If you are a Concur Delegate and interested in learning more about becoming a Concur Processor, please let me know and I will forward the PowerPoint presentation that explains the program. Concur Processors earn permissions to review, process and invoice your department’s Concur Expense reports at the department level, speeding up processing time.

** COMING SOON **  Concur Advisory Board    We will soon send invitations to Concur super users and stakeholders to consider joining an advisory board to provide analysis and recommendations on Concur related matters.

[cid:D409AF7E-A065-4B03-9E7F-72A60DB7E5EF]
Laurie Jacoby
Travel Manager
Business Affairs Office
University of Oregon