travelnews: Purchasing air through our contract travel agencies - Fiscal year end important dates and details

BAO news for travel administrators travelnews at lists.uoregon.edu
Wed May 28 09:38:19 PDT 2014

Good Morning Travel Coordinators -

When using our contract travel agencies to purchase airfare for UO business travel, here are some dates and details to keep in mind:

A5901 - Prepaid account code A5901 is no longer required.  May 26 was the last date this was needed (end of the credit card billing cycle).   Please use the regular 39xxx series travel account code for all airfare purchases through our contract travel agencies.

A final JV for airfare for travel in the new fiscal year with account code A5901 will be processed by mid-June.

Please query on your fund and A5901 in FGITBAL or FWIBUDG to see if you have any airfare charges that were coded to A5901.  You can already enter reversing JV's with a new fiscal year date 7/1/14.

If you see a travel agency service fee in FGITRND and no airfare to go with it, look in FGITBAL to see if airfare was charged to A5901.  Several authorizations were processed with incorrect account codes and were corrected in the JV upload.

Please direct any questions regarding airfare charges to Conny Isaacs cisaacs at uoregon.edu<mailto:cisaacs at uoregon.edu> 6-0812.

Thank you,

Laurie Jacoby, CTC
Travel Manager