travelnews: March Travel Training opportunities

BAO news for travel administrators travelnews at lists.uoregon.edu
Tue Mar 4 14:09:01 PST 2014

*         Moving/Relocation Workshop  - Thursday, March 6 from 10:30a to noon. BAO Conference Room, Oregon Hall 135

This workshop is for travel coordinators who will be preparing moving reimbursements for new employees.  We will discuss House Hunting, Moving and Temporary Living reimbursement.  We will review IRS, OUS and UO policy and limitations, discuss which reimbursement form is best and the appropriate account codes to use.  This is a great workshop for someone who will be tackling their first moving reimbursement or can be attended as a refresher.  Seating limited to 15.

Register on Making Tracks: http://odt.uoregon.edu/registration/

*         Campus Wide Travel Meeting - Wed. March 19 from 10am to noon.  Knight Library Browsing Room

Agenda items include:

          *  Group/Conference/Event Travel - Tips from an industry expert on how to coordinate a successful conference/group event

*  UO Conference Services - Learn what services are available for your conference or group - right here on the UO Campus

*  Risk Management - International and Student Travel - Advance planning to keep your travelers safe

*  Travel, Travel Reimbursements and Travel Related Payroll  - for Classified Employees

*  Travel Certification Program Updates

*  and a few more topics we are working on.......

Please let the Travel Office know if you have any questions,

Laurie Jacoby, CTC
Travel Manager
Business Affairs Office
University of Oregon