travelnews: Updates to the BAO Travel webpage

BAO news for travel administrators travelnews at lists.uoregon.edu
Fri Feb 14 13:18:09 PST 2014

Good Afternoon Travel Coordinators -

Happy Valentine's Day!  The Travel Office has been busy at work on several new tools and updates to our webpage to help in your travel reimbursement processing.  Let's take a tour!  http://ba.uoregon.edu/staff/travel

DuckWeb form instructions:  Everything you wanted to know about the duckweb travel reimbursement form in a handy reference guide. http://ba.uoregon.edu/staff/travel  Go to Forms, Duckweb Travel Reimbursement Form Instructions.

Travel Reimbursement check list:  Here is a summary of important tips for a successful reimbursement.  Do you have a proper receipt?  What is the account code for a One Day meal reimbursement?  How do I override the form to not claim meals?  http://ba.uoregon.edu/staff/travel   Go to Forms, Travel Reimbursement Checklist.

Business Purpose:  This section has recently been updated with examples of "Adequate business purpose descriptions with additional supporting details."
http://ba.uoregon.edu/staff/travel-reimbursement#Business_Purpose

Mileage Chart:  We have taken all the cities frequently traveled to in the Mileage Chart, added additional Portland destinations and turned it into an Excel spreadsheet.  This will allow you to use the Find function or to sort from either Eugene or Portland.
http://ba.uoregon.edu/staff/private-vehicle   Look under Mileage Charts at the bottom of the page.  This chart is also located on Related Resources tab.

Travel Advance Request form:  The form has been updated to include travel coordinator name and phone, and contact info for check pick up.
http://ba.uoregon.edu/staff/travel   Go to Forms, Travel Advance Request Form.  Also located at http://ba.uoregon.edu/staff/travel-advances

Related Resources:  We've added several new links on this handy tab.  Check out Flight View which is a real time flight tracker and airport delay tool.
Seat Guru gives you airline seat maps so you can know exactly where your seat is located on any airline, any aircraft type.  You can also access seat width and pitch and find out if your seat has a power port.  http://ba.uoregon.edu/staff/travel  Go to Related Resources.

Have a lovely day,

Laurie Jacoby, CTC
Travel Manager
Business Affairs Office