payroll: PayNews - January 2024

BAO Payroll Office News payroll at lists.uoregon.edu
Mon Jan 15 12:28:51 PST 2024

PayNews - January 2024

Updates

  *   January Payroll Deadlines:  January Time Entry will open on Monday, January 22 at 8am and close at 5pm on Wednesday, January 24. The Stop and Correct Pay Deadline is 9am on Friday, January 26.
  *   2024 Payroll Deadlines: The 2024 Payroll Deadlines are posted here: https://ba.uoregon.edu/payroll/hris-deadlines.
  *   W-2s: W-2s will be mailed and made available on DuckWeb by January 31, 2024.  Please remind staff that if they receive a paper W-2, they should ensure their mailing address is current in DuckWeb by January 16, 2024.
  *   2024 W-4s: The 2024 versions of the federal W-4 and the OR-W-4 are now available:
     *   W-4 Employee Withholding Certificate<https://pages.uoregon.edu/baoforms/bao_drupal_6/sites/ba.uoregon.edu/files/forms/w4.pdf>
     *   OR-W-4 Oregon Withholding<https://pages.uoregon.edu/baoforms/bao_drupal_6/sites/ba.uoregon.edu/files/forms/or-w-4.pdf>
Note: Claiming exempt on the W-4 or OR-W-4 expires after January 31, 2024. If employees believe they should be exempt for 2024 they will need to complete a new 2024 W-4 and/or OR-W-4
Reminders

  *   Employees Working Outside of Oregon: A reminder that when an employee moves, whether within a state, to a different state, or into or out of Oregon to another state, the supervisor or departmental payroll or HR administrator needs to complete the Employee Working Outside Oregon web form found at: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/18cd12f41eea447aad9cbad61b05669f to ensure proper tax withholding and compliance.  This should be done as soon as awareness is made about the move.
  *   UO-NRA Form (Annual Renewal for International Employees): Employees were notified of their requirement to furnish the documents and information needed to properly tax them for 2024. Please assist employees in completing the forms and submitting documents to Erin Driscoll, erinlynn at uoregon.edu<mailto:erinlynn at uoregon.edu>.
  *   Electronic W-2 Consent: Please help the Payroll Office reduce our paper use by encouraging employees to consent to electronic W-2 receipt. They can sign up on DuckWeb by going to the Employee Information section, Employee Dashboard Application, Open the Taxes drop-down, Select Electronic Regulatory Consent, check the box next to "Consent to receive W-2 electronically", and click Submit.
  *   I-9 Form:  There is a new version of the I-9 effective November 1, 2023. Hire packets have been updated with the new form, so please ensure you are using the latest version from our website.
  *   Paper Paychecks: If employees are not signed up for direct deposit for payroll, a check will be printed and mailed to the mailing address on file. Please make sure that supervisors are aware of this as we have had employees coming in to the Payroll office telling us that their supervisor told them to pick up a check with us. If they don't see the check in the mail, please have them contact us so we can verify the status of the check and their current mailing address.
Upcoming Events

  *   Payroll Deadlines:
     *   January 17 - EPAF Submission Deadline
     *   January 22-24 - Time Entry Window
     *   January 26, 9am - Stop/Correct Pay Deadline
     *   January 31 - Payday
  *   Trainings (Register in MyTrack<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/uomytrack.pageuppeople.com/learning/calendar__;!!C5qS4YX3!H2BYarUNQ8iQ-iYEa8ntZ2a4o4y12pJB9u9RH0FZtTsFW1qe5GKTqBnxSrmuLzXy5j2PPK06Ej7z2sFHQ3NcCJGK$>):
     *   January 16, 2024, 9:00am-11:00am - HRIS Electronic Approvals (EPAF) Open Lab/Training
February 6, 2024, 1:30pm-3:30pm - HRIS Overview
     *   February 7, 2024, 10:00am-11:30am - I-9 Employment Eligibility Workshop
     *   February 7, 2024, 1:30pm-4:30pm - HRIS Time Entry
     *   February 8, 2024, 10:00am-11:30am - HRIS Payroll Redistributions (PHAREDS)
  *   University Closures
     *   January 15, 2024

Thank you,
The Payroll Office