payroll: PayNews - February 2023

BAO Payroll Office News payroll at lists.uoregon.edu
Wed Feb 15 15:38:50 PST 2023

PayNews - February 2023

Updates

  *   PHAREDS - PHAREDS is now working properly. While you cannot use a posting date prior to 2/1/2023, you can still make changes to pay events from October 2022 through December 2022 until 5pm on Monday, March 6, 2023.

>From SPS: Given that Banner PHAREDS has been broken since the end of December, SPS recognizes that there is a backlog of payroll adjustments and that many that will affect Q4 2022.  Therefore, SPS is going to delay the issuing of payroll certifications until after March 6, 2023.  We hope this will allow you to make the necessary payroll changes to capture effort on sponsored projects appropriately.

  *   PAA Forms - While PHAREDS was unusable, Payroll was also unable to process PAA forms submitted. Now that we can process again, please be patient as we work our way through the backlog.

  *   New DuckID Claiming Process - DuckID Account Management software is changing on February 22, 2023 and with that comes a new claim process. You can read more about the change here: https://around.uoregon.edu/content/new-duck-id-platform-will-overhaul-account-management. If you or an employee need support with DuckID claiming, please contact the Technology Service Desk through: https://service.uoregon.edu/TDClient/2030/Portal/Requests/ServiceDet?ID=19084.

  *   Payroll Fax Number - The Payroll Fax number has changed. Our new fax number is 541-346-2393. Please update any documentation you have and forward this to anyone who might attempt to fax documents to Payroll.

Reminders

  *   Terminations, LWOP, FTE Reductions - Please notify our office immediately if you become aware of employees, especially salaried employees, who are terminating their appointments, going on leave without pay, or reducing their FTE before February 28, 2023. This includes salaried employees who have insufficient paid leave hours to cover time off. Our office would like to work with you in adjusting the employee's February pay to prevent an overpayment.  You may email (payroll at uoregon.edu<mailto:payroll at uoregon.edu>) or fax (6-2393) a copy of the termination document to the Payroll Office while the original document is en route. Your prompt notification will prevent financial hardship for the employee. You may contact the following payroll staff:
     *   For Faculty & OA pay, Chad, chadh at uoregon.edu<mailto:chadh at uoregon.edu>, or Cindy, chuie at uoregon.edu<mailto:chuie at uoregon.edu>
     *   For Classified pay, Mindy, mindy at uoregon.edu<mailto:mindy at uoregon.edu>
     *   For GE pay, Keri, kbartow1 at uoregon.edu<mailto:kbartow1 at uoregon.edu>

Upcoming Events

  *   Payroll Deadlines:
     *   February 17-21 - February Time Entry Window
     *   February 23 9am - February Stop/Correct Pay Deadline
     *   February 28 - February Payday
  *   Trainings (Register in MyTrack<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/uomytrack.pageuppeople.com/learning/calendar__;!!C5qS4YX3!H2BYarUNQ8iQ-iYEa8ntZ2a4o4y12pJB9u9RH0FZtTsFW1qe5GKTqBnxSrmuLzXy5j2PPK06Ej7z2sFHQ3NcCJGK$>):
     *   March 7, 2023, 1:30pm-3:30pm - HRIS Overview
     *   March 8, 2023, 10:00am-11:30am - I-9 Employment Eligibility Workshop
     *   March 8, 2023, 1:30pm-4:30pm - HRIS Time Entry

Thank you,
The Payroll Office