payroll: Payroll Workshops

BAO Payroll Office News payroll at lists.uoregon.edu
Tue Apr 24 15:49:08 PDT 2018

Payroll Workshops
Are you wanting to expand your knowledge of payroll?  Do you have questions about the proper way to fill out a Manual Check Request (MCR) or I-9?  Do you want to know more about the nuances of student employment?  If you answered yes to any of these questions, please take advantage of the following learning opportunities.  You can sign up for one or all workshops through MyTrack<https://hr.uoregon.edu/mytrack-talent-management-system-0> Learning.

Manual Check Workshop

*         Available Times:  April 27th 9:00-10:00am, May 3rd 9:00-10:00am, May 16th 9:00-10:00am

*         This is for both new and existing employees.

*         Learn the proper way to fill out an MCR.  This includes how to calculate the wages, what earn codes to use, how to fill out the leave accrual section, etc...

*         Learn when it's the departments responsibility to create an MCR and when Payroll does it.

I-9 Workshop  This workshop is highly recommended for anyone who is responsible for assisting new employees with I-9 verification.

*         Available Times:  May 14th 10:00am-12:00pm, June 18th 10:00am-12:00pm, July 19th 10:00-12:00pm

*         This is for both new and existing employees.

*         Discuss the importance of the form and the rules surrounding it.

*         Learn what documentation is acceptable for both identity and employment authorization.

*         Work through examples of how the I-9 should be filled out for both US Citizens and non-resident aliens.

*         Learn about re-verifying I-9 employment authorization documents

Student Employment Workshop

This is an excellent opportunity for individuals who are new to the UO or in need of a refresher on student policies and procedures.  The sessions are filling up quickly so please let Ben Kane<mailto:bkane at uoregon.edu> know if you are interested in attending the workshop but are unable to do so because the session is already filled.

Thank you,

The Payroll Office