[OLAC-credits] Commenting on credits

Kelley McGrath kelleym at uoregon.edu
Tue Jan 21 07:31:03 PST 2014

I just wanted to thank everyone who has been commenting on the various mistakes and oddities that can be found in these credits. The credits we're using have been extracted from real MARC records, warts and all. It is helpful to me if you point out typos, especially in names, and also where the credits have messed up romanization, etc. Some of the problems with diacritics are due to what appears to be a problem with the way we processed MARC-8 character encoding. These tend to look like Schlèondorff (for Schlöndorff) with a funny accented character in front of a plain version of the character that should have the diacritic. You can ignore these as we're going to have to find a general way to reconcile these at the end. I don't want to mess with it right now for fear of getting things out of sync.

Some examples of mistakes or details that people have pointed out:
era = Vera ???

he should be the

Typo: "toteiro" should be "roteiro"

not sure what to do with  (uncredited)

possible typo in credit: TranMedia vs. TransMedia

music designer --> "yin yue" means "music" while "she ji" means "design"

Armenian credit for "director" is in singular: there two directors credited.

I think there's a typo or transcription error. It should say "przedstawia" for "presents."

the role appears here as "uced by]"

credits that seem to be half in one language and half in another:
ein film av (German and Swedish)
un filme de (Spanish and Portuguese)
Remember you can always use the comment box to explain things that are out of the ordinary.

Kelley

PS A big thanks to whoever annotated a whole bunch of English credits last week!