[OLAC-credits] Scenario

Kelley McGrath kelleym at uoregon.edu
Mon Jan 6 21:38:02 PST 2014

Thanks, Laura. That is very interesting background on the word scenario in film. Poking around for "scenario script," I found http://www.screenplayology.com/content-sections/screenplay-style-use/1-1/. This includes the quote (with which the author of the web page disagrees): "Originally the screenplay was called a scenario, or continuity script, and consisted of a list of scenes that described the silent action and camera angles."

It does sound like the term scenario is not used very much in contemporary American film. The records I'm encountering are brief, minimal level records and it's very hard to say for sure what is meant. I decided to put scenario as English since the credits are coming from 508 and the rest of the field is in English.

BTW, if you ever want to see the rest of the record for a credit that you're working on, I do have the original files and should be able to dig it up.

Kelley