[OLAC-credits] Repeating credits?

Kelley McGrath kelleym at uoregon.edu
Sun Feb 16 14:35:30 PST 2014

Hi Lizzie,

You probably are seeing the same credits. There are a couple reasons this might be happening. One is that we often have more than one record in the database for the same movie. A library might have the same movie in more than one format (film, VHS, DVD, streaming, etc.). I got the records from several libraries and more than one of them might hold the same movie. We didn't do any de-duping of the database because different records for the same video can look surprising different and we wanted to capture the variations.

The second reason is that the system is set up to present each credit for annotation up to two times. Getting two different people to annotate the same credit helps with the error checking on the backend. It shouldn't present the exact same credit from the exact same record twice during a single session, though.

This is probably more noticeable to you since Portuguese is one of the smaller datasets and I think you're the only person annotating Portuguese credits.

Kelley