di: well-designed reading

Shepard Barbash shepbarbash at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 18:44:06 PDT 2023

Yes it *does* explain why they reject a Dalmation:

The full circle of the daisy chain occurs when a state takes these
"research based" recommendations and uses them as adoption criteria for
programs that are supposed to be effective, but rejects a true Dalmatian
because it does not meet the "standards" the state has set. For instance, a
"standard" might indicate that the program had to have the full range of
phonemic-awareness exercises (including activities that are ill-suited for
beginning at-risk students, like phoneme deletion). If effective program X
does not have* all of them*, it fails to meet a "research based" standard,
even though it is highly effective and there is no evidence that the
adopted programs are effective.