di: ESL student with ASD

Aimee Taylor littlegreen at ymail.com
Fri Apr 28 14:09:18 PDT 2023

I recommend watching the whole thing but at 30:55 starts the language details of YouTube video below. Need language builder cards aka language builder: picture nouns. 30 minutes is very short time but you could fit at least 3 modules/sessions with good instructional control. You need some strong reinforcers if you can’t use food aka spinning light toy or small clips of favorite dvd/tv or mirror or swing or whatever the reinforcers is/are. Small interactions with reinforcers after running three fluency checks slowly delivering smaller or earned reinforcer after meeting fluency goals. See other resources on reinforcer delivery schemes. Start with colors since that is immediate success hopefully.Strengthening Reading Comprehension Skills through Fluency Building of Core Language Components

|   |    |

|    |
Strengthening Reading Comprehension Skills through Fluency Building of Core Language Components

By Skills Developing

  |   |

Also mands are the beginning of all language that I would encourage at home and in all environments.Early Cognitive Development and Classroom Readiness

|   |    |

|    |
Early Cognitive Development and Classroom Readiness

By Kimberly Berens

  |   |

This topic is just so large with so little out there other than l4l aka language for learning but that is designed for longer sessions. I would recommend headsprout “mousing around” but heard that program is no longer available.
For the math try Maloney method aka Michael Maloney Teach Your Children To Do Math Well. That website has under downloads for $4.95 Math Counting Fluency that includes  rote counting forwards and backwards as well as skip counting. Be careful that this is not just echoing type behavior (where Funnix was useful) aka the child recognizing one to one corresponding between naming/counting and object quantity aka manipulatives or abacus.The Maloney Method » Download Products

|   |    |

|   |
The Maloney Method » Download Products

SPECIAL OFFER - Download PDF Copies of our Reading and Math Programs. Order sets of PDF books and follow the proven step-by-step Maloney Method. Used by homeschoolers, after-school tutors and parents. Works wonders with at-risk students.
  |   |

A little more advanced - but the child isn’t getting any younger - Haughton Learning Center has rapid automatic naming module that might be useful.Curriculum - Haughton Learning Center

|   |    |

|   |
Curriculum - Haughton Learning Center

COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM MATERIALS Our Foundation Skills curriculum packages combine thoroughly tested materials with verified fluency aims for each skill, plus recommended teaching and measurement procedures. We include a Precision Assessment tool with
  |   |

Autism language

|    |
Autism language

By Littlegreen

  |   |

Best wishesAimee Taylor, parent and knower of nothing with no expertise

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone