di: Young 5’s reading/math

jennifer jenniferdevine9 at hotmail.com
Wed May 26 16:38:19 PDT 2021

Hello!

I have been a Special Ed teacher for middle school students , and have recently decided to begin teaching a Young 5’s class at a school which requires teachers to use a specific curriculum (not DI).

When I taught Kindergarten several (I mean, several!) yrs ago, I used DI materials including:  RM, Spelling Mastery, Language for Learning, DISTAR arithmetic and CMC.

I am currently advocating for my current school (PreK-6th) to start implementing DI, and would like to use my class as a pilot to show admin how amazing it is.  I have been using 100 lessons, but would like to put together a more comprehensive program.

What materials would you suggest using for this age group?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Jenn Devine