di: Live performance for Language For Learning

Christopher Duss duss.christopher at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 20:25:15 PST 2020

Dear List,

A Kindergarten my company provides English learning services for will have
its annual concert/play next January. The kids in the after school English
program will do a song/skit for which I am looking for ideas. All of the
kids are learning from *Language For Learning* and are in lessons 21-50.
Most of the students do only one 30-minute lesson per week, then use
practice videos I have made for each lesson to add practice time between
lessons. I would like to choose something that is close to the program
materials that won't require a lot of time outside lessons for the kids to
learn.

My first thought is to have the kids act out one of the stories, but I have
to look into whether costumes are available (for example for "Polly and the
Lion"). Does anyone have experience in showing off kids' skills to parents
via a performance?

Thanks,
Chris