di: Direct Instruction at the ABAI Virtual Convention

Bryan Wickman bwickman at nifdi.org
Wed May 20 10:00:53 PDT 2020

Listmates,

For those (virtually) attending the ABAI Convention this weekend, I wanted to remind you of two events focused of Zig Engelmann and Direct Instruction. The first is will be held May 24th at 3pm Eastern. It is titled Siegfried Engelmann’s Direct Instruction: Faultless Communication, Measurably Superior Learning, and the Quest for Widespread Adoption

Here is the link to the description:

https://www.abainternational.org/events/program-details/event-detail.aspx?&sid=63673&by=Invited

Immediately following will be the session: Design and Delivery Features of Direct Instruction That You Didn’t Know You Didn’t Know, and Didn’t Know You Needed

Here is the link to the description of the session:

https://www.abainternational.org/events/program-details/event-detail.aspx?sid=64042&by=author

Please see my following email regarding special issues of ABAI’s publications focused on Direct Instruction and the call for submissions.

Bryan Wickman,

Outreach Coordinator

bwickman at nifdi.org

541.485.1973

In these turbulent times, the National Institute for Direct Instruction is continuing to support its partner schools and all users of Direct Instruction worldwide. Even though most schools have temporarily closed their doors, the important work of teaching children must and will continue.

We have created a document with suggestions to help you adapt your delivery to a distance-learning environment. We will continue to generate updates and release them as appropriate.

Go to:

https://www.nifdi.org/docman/general-documents/3401-suggestions-for-distance-learning-with-di/file.html

Best wishes for good health and student success!