di: Language for Learning/Thinking/Writing vs Direct Instruction Spoken English

Betsy Primm betsyprimm at aol.com
Tue Aug 13 10:53:57 PDT 2019

Interesting situation, Christopher.  Were I you, due to time constraints, I wouldn’t use Horizons. I would pull up www.sightwords.com and go to the list of the 100 most frequently used words in English  print.  That website contains five teaching strategies as well as a corrections  technique (from DI).  It also has a number of games to use to practice the sight words.   Everything is free.  Games may need to be downloaded on a color printer.  This site is being used worldwide.  Take a look. I think using this site along with 100 EZ and L for L.  Will give your student the best boost for the interview.
Best of luck,
Betsy Primm
Atlanta, GA

Sent from my iPhone