di: U of O Article on Zig

Bryan Wickman bwickman at nifdi.org
Wed Apr 10 13:25:04 PDT 2019

All,

The University of Oregon just posted a nice piece about Zig on their web page. See:

https://around.uoregon.edu/content/memorial-set-direct-instruction-creator-zig-engelmann

Also, the NIFDI website (nifdi.org) will be hosting a live feed of Zig’s memorial on our webpage. Go to www.nifdi.org at 1pm Pacific on Saturday, April 13, and you can watch as some legends in DI (Carl Bereiter, Cookie Bruner, Doug Carnine, Hill Walker, Geoff Colvin, and many more), speak to Zig’s contributions and legacy. If you cannot watch it Saturday, after some post production work is done, it will be housed on Youtube.

We also have started a page where we are posting links to various tributes that have posted things related to Zig and his impact. If you go to www.nifdi.org/zig you can see some. We see this as a changing page. If you have a personal tribute you would like to submit, you can send it to me, and we will post a link to it on the page.

Bryan

Bryan Wickman,

Outreach Coordinator

bwickman at nifdi.org

541.485.1973

It’s time to plan your summer! Registration is open for these upcoming professional development events hosted by NIFDI:

7th Annual Southwest Direct Instruction Conference

June 10–14, 2019 in San Antonio, TX
Direct Instruction training focused on effective programs for early literacy and Corrective Reading. Also includes Becoming an Effective DI Trainer institute!

45th National Direct Instruction Conference & Institutes
July 22–28, 2019 in Eugene, OR
The most comprehensive offering of Direct Instruction training and information available anywhere!

Go to www.nifdi.org for more information.