di: Fwd: NYTimes.com: Why Are We Still Teaching Reading the Wrong Way?

Kurt Engelmann kengel at nifdi.org
Mon Oct 29 10:59:19 PDT 2018

Dear DI-List:

Just in case you didn't see this.  From The New York Times:

Why Are We Still Teaching Reading the Wrong Way?  Teacher preparation
programs continue to ignore the sound science behind how people become
readers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/26/opinion/sunday/phonics-teaching-reading-wrong-way.html

Right on target!

Kurt

Kurt E. Engelmann, Ph.D., President
The National Institute for Direct Instruction (NIFDI)
877-485-1973

Have you seen our series of video in-services? The current library includes
Correcting Discrimination Errors, Critical Phrasing, How to Correct Signal
Violations, and Implementing Thermometer Charts.
For more information, go to
https://www.nifdi.org/store/category/19-training-materials