di: Algebra tutoring

Scott Born borns at thebornfamily.com
Mon Dec 18 14:33:30 PST 2017

Beth,

Have you seen Diagnostic and Prescriptive materials from Morningside? I
agree with Don that you should do a component analysis first and then cinch
up any deficits. It relies on scripts from Designing Effective Mathematics
Instruction and provides some as well. It also has a lot of prepared
practice materials.

Essentials for Algebra is fantastic, as are the materials from the
Corrective series. But as an acute intervention only seeing kids
intermittently, you'd have to find those holes and plug them fast.
Diagnostic and Prescriptive is great for that.

Cheers,

Scott