[Cas-allemps] Deadline Extended: Call for nominations for new CAS awards

CAS Dean casdean at uoregon.edu
Thu Mar 21 16:29:33 PDT 2024

Dear colleagues,

In light of the competing responsibilities you are managing at the end of a busy term and to ensure that everyone has enough time to prepare their nominations, we are extending the deadline for submissions for the newly introduced College of Arts and Sciences awards. The new deadline for nominations is Monday, April 8, 2024.

For details about each award and the nomination process, please refer to the links below:

  *   Career Faculty Award<https://forms.office.com/r/KcqM7r0LZe>: This award acknowledges up to two career faculty members who exemplify excellence in either teaching or research, depending on their appointment, and demonstrate a steadfast commitment to the mission of the University of Oregon (UO) and the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS).
  *   CAS Collegiate Faculty Award<https://forms.office.com/r/NHUTf2tD3e>: This award recognizes up to three active tenure-track faculty members who serve as exemplars of our collective aspirations for the professoriate. CAS Collegiate Faculty members excel in scholarship, exhibit outstanding performance in both undergraduate and graduate teaching, and have demonstrated significant leadership within their department, the college, or the university.
  *   Excellence in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Award<https://forms.office.com/r/YrdCBfhAdy>: This award acknowledges up to two individuals or groups for their exceptional and innovative contributions to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in various facets, including teaching, research, service, student success, programming, community outreach, leadership, and organizational change.
  *   Service and Leadership Award<https://forms.office.com/r/PCGqRZzhRE>: This award recognizes up to two individuals who have made extraordinary contributions to their department, the college, and/or the university through exceptional service and/or leadership.
  *   Staff Award<https://forms.office.com/r/sVkqtFbqPP>: This accolade acknowledges up to two individuals or teams who have consistently excelled in their roles, as recognized by their colleagues, and have demonstrated a strong commitment to the missions of both CAS and UO.

Thank you in advance for supporting your faculty and staff by considering them for these awards. I wish you all a fun spring break.

With appreciation,
Chris

Chris J. Poulsen
Tykeson Dean of Arts and Sciences
Professor of Earth Sciences
College of Arts and Sciences | University of Oregon
1030 E. 13th Avenue | Eugene, OR | 97403<https://www.bing.com/search?q=1030%20E.%2013th%20Avenue%20|%20Eugene,%20OR%20|%2097403>