[Cas-allemps] TCCA Senior Director Announcement

Ellen Baldwin ebaldwin at uoregon.edu
Tue Apr 25 12:08:17 PDT 2023

***sent on behalf of Jesse Nelson***

Greetings CAS Colleagues,

Recently, I shared an update on the organizational adjustments to Tykeson College and Career Advising (TCCA). I am now delighted to share that Melanie Jones will join TCCA, as Senior Director, on Wednesday, July 5. During the search process, Melanie's commitment to student success and collaborative leadership shined. She brings a wealth of advising leadership experience and work with faculty and academic units. We are excited to welcome Melanie!

To provide a bit more insight into her work, Melanie shared the following:

"At the heart of my education and professional history is advocacy and student support. I have worked within social services and educational environments for my entire career, and have over sixteen years of full cycle academic advising experience, most recently as Director of Advising within the College of Arts and Sciences at Boise State. I began my advising career at Oregon State University while completing my master's program in College Student Services and Administration. At OSU, I worked for twelve years within two distinct advising areas and collaborated on several university wide student success initiatives. In addition to advising, I also have experience within assessment and accreditation which has strengthened my approach toward the development of intentional advising models and solutions. I embrace proactive, collaborative and regular communication at all levels of the university and can't wait to join the Tykeson College and Career Advising team."

This year has been one of significant transition for TCCA and I am grateful for the many ways the TCCA team and our CAS partners have propelled the department forward. In addition to Melanie's arrival, our TCCA team looks forward to filling a few advisor and leadership vacancies over the summer. Great things are happening in Tykeson Hall!

Jesse

Jesse Nelson, Ph.D.
Assistant Vice Provost for Advising and Accessibility
University of Oregon

I support all students regardless of immigration status or country of origin. When interacting with faculty, staff, and offices around campus you are never required to reveal your status. For more information and resources please visit https://www.uoregon.edu/uo-dreamers.

The University of Oregon is located on Kalapuya Ilihi, the traditional indigenous homeland of the Kalapuya people. Following treaties between 1851 and 1855, Kalapuya people were dispossessed of their indigenous homeland by the United States government and forcibly removed to the Coast Reservation in Western Oregon. Today, descendants are citizens of the Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde Community of Oregon and the Confederated Tribes of the Siletz Indians of Oregon, and continue to make important contributions in their communities, at UO, and across the land we now refer to as Oregon.

[Advisors are only a click away - Together we'll get through this. Reach us at 541-346-3211, uoadvising at uoregon.edu, or visit our website at https://advising.uoregon.edu]<http://advising.uoregon.edu/>