[Cas-allemps] CAS Community - A Message from Connie Brady

CAS-Shared Services cassharedservices at uoregon.edu
Mon Aug 15 15:34:48 PDT 2022

Dear CAS Community –

Happy summer! I am writing to all of you to express my gratitude and appreciation for providing me the opportunity to be involved with the building of the foundation of shared-services in CAS and the initial design of a College Business Office and eight Academic Support Units. But, alas, the time has come for my role to change.

It seems like May 2020 was just yesterday and I was working with the Task Force on the idea and feasibility of a shared-service structure and bam, here it is, August 2022 and CAS has a tremendously strong leadership team of 13 overseeing the final design and implementation for those nine units. I cannot begin to express the immense pride I feel for being a part of this initiative.

As many of you know, I got heavily involved in this project because of my experience with reorganizations, realignments, and overall change management processes. In all projects, there is a time when there is a transfer of ownership, and that time has come in terms of implementation. While I will be stepping back from the larger role I was playing, I will still be involved through the end of fall term in an advisory capacity around sustainment planning, and to celebrate the grand opening of the College Business Office in Agate as well as the Academic Support Units as those things happen.

With my stepping back, some changes have occurred. The Steering Committee has been dissolved and the work of the subcommittees as originally defined is now done but not forgotten. The work of the Steering Committee and the subcommittees around processes, workflows, employee engagement, and communication is continuing but now under the leadership of Sherri, Leslie, Teri, and Tim. I cannot think of four better champions to continue this work.

There are so many people I want to thank, so many I enjoyed working with, and so many I hope to stay in contact with and even work on other campus projects together. While I cannot list everyone, I do want to note some people.

Bruce Blonigen – thank you for asking me to be a part of this! You were a great support and sponsor of this initiative.

Sherri Nelson – thank you for being a co-chair on the Task Force as well as the Steering Committee. You are a shining star in CAS and will provide great leadership to the team.

Karen Ford – thank you for your guidance, patience, and faculty perspective. The value you brought to the table was priceless.

Sherilyn Schwartz – thank you for your candor and ideas as the steering committee worked through the “clunky” foundation pieces of this puzzle.

Danielle McCarville and Melissa Bowers – thank you for your leadership, questions, and commitment to this initiative from the days of the task force and continuing.

Subcommittee leads and members – thank you for the work you did which contributed greatly to the procedures and processes that will be followed as workflows and standard operating procedures are continually built out.

CAS Faculty and Staff – thank you for your engagement, for sharing your thoughts, and for holding those of us on the task force and steering committee accountable. Without all the input we gathered from the task force days forward; we would not have landed where we did.

And lastly, the new leadership team of 13 – thank you for carrying on this work, being so incredibly passionate about supporting CAS, the students, and each other!

My door is open to all and I would love to hear from you. Please reach out for a coffee chat sometime. 😊

Best,

Connie Brady

Associate Dean for Finance & Administration

Lundquist College of Business