[Cas-allemps] UO Authors, Book Talk tomorrow (11/6) at 5:00 pm

CAS Dean casdean at uoregon.edu
Tue Nov 5 18:04:48 PST 2019

Dear Colleagues,

As many of you have heard, we are participating in a pilot series in collaboration with the UO Libraries and the Office of the Provost-UO Authors, Book Talks-celebrating the work of UO's faculty authors. Last winter faculty members nominated books that were then reviewed by an interdisciplinary committee drawn from across the UO. Two books were selected to launch this series from a very competitive pool. Our first UO author will be Associate Professor Kristin Yarris, who will speak about her recent book, Care Across Generations: Solidarity and Sacrifice in Transnational Families, tomorrow, November 6, 2019 at 5 pm in the Knight Library Browsing Room. The second UO author will be Associate Professor Kirby Brown, discussing his book, Stoking the Fire: Nationhood in Cherokee Writing, 1907-1970, on February 12, 2020 at 5:30 pm.

This is a pilot series, so the decision about whether to continue it as a permanent campus event will depend in large part on interest in the two events. We urge you to attend both events and support and celebrate your colleagues and the new series.

Please encourage your students and colleagues to attend.  We look forward to seeing you there.

Best wishes,
Bruce

Tykeson Dean
College of Arts and Sciences