[Cas-allemps] Thinking About CAS: Tykeson Hall, New Faculty Profiles, and Interdisciplinary Research Talks

CAS Dean casdean at uoregon.edu
Mon Oct 7 11:35:47 PDT 2019

Dear CAS Colleagues,

This week in the Deans blog, we explore the critical role that the academic/career services in Tykeson Hall will play in helping students envision the many ways a liberal arts education can prepare them for future career success<https://cas.uoregon.edu/2019/10/11186/>. We urge you to think creatively about how we might together create additional career-legible majors and minors from our existing liberal arts curricula. Also this week, we begin profiling our new faculty members for 2019-2020, beginning with Stacy Alaimo, English<https://cas.uoregon.edu/2019/10/new-faculty-profile-stacy-alaimo-professor-of-english/>; Ramón Alvarado, Philosophy<https://cas.uoregon.edu/2019/10/new-faculty-profile-ramon-alvarado-acting-assistant-professor-philosophy-and-data-ethics/> and Courtney Cox, Indigenous, Race and Ethnic Studies<https://cas.uoregon.edu/2019/10/new-faculty-profile-courtney-cox-assistant-professor-indigenous-race-and-ethnic-studies/>. Please join me in welcoming them to CAS! You can also read about the new series of CAS Interdisciplinary Research Talks<https://cas.uoregon.edu/2019/10/cas-interdisciplinary-research-talks/>, which will commence in November with a talk by Richard Taylor of Physics. I hope to see you there!

All the best,

Bruce

Bruce Blonigen
Interim Tykeson Dean