New W-8BEN and W-8BEN-E

Business Affairs Office News bao-news at lists.uoregon.edu
Wed Apr 13 11:38:05 PDT 2022

Good Morning,

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has created new versions of some of their W-8 forms.  The new versions of these IRS forms will be required for all instances in which you need to provide a W-8 to Central Accounts Payable for Vendor Maintenance.

The IRS W-9 form remains unchanged. October 2018 is the current version used by U.S. Citizens, Resident Aliens or U.S. entities.   Whenever possible, we ask that our vendors supply a UO substitute W-9 to capture minority, women and emerging small business information that is not requested on the IRS W-9 form.

The W-8 forms are used by foreign individuals or entities depending on their organizational status. This information is used to collect annual spend information.  Following IRS regulations, we will not be able to accept prior versions of the W-8 forms listed below.  The new versions of the forms are available on the following link: https://pages.uoregon.edu/baoforms/bao_drupal_6/sites/ba.uoregon.edu/files/forms/w8form.pdf.

    [cid:image001.png at 01D84F17.2A9A5870]

This means after April 30, 2022, Accounts Payable will no longer be able to accept any version of the above W-8 forms unless they are dated October 2021 (this date is found at the top of the document).

Diane Carl
Accounts Payable
PH:  541-346-4235
dicarl at uoregon.edu<mailto:dicarl at uoregon.edu>