April 30, cutoff date for old version of IRS W9 form

Business Affairs Office News bao-news at lists.uoregon.edu
Tue Apr 23 16:05:33 PDT 2019

Good Afternoon,

We would like to remind you that we are quickly approaching the IRS cutoff deadline for the old version of their W9 form.  We would also like to have our vendors complete the UO substitute W9 form whenever possible.  The IRS form does not ask for the additional minority, women, veteran and emerging small business information that we need to help us meet our State reporting requirements.

Following IRS regulations, we will not be able to accept prior versions of the 2018 W-9 forms after April 30, 2019.  The new version of the forms are available on Accounts Payable website https://ba.uoregon.edu/content/vendor-setup .

                                        Version Date                                                      Cutoff Dates
Newest IRS W-9                     October, 2018                         Old version November, 2017 valid until April 30, 2019
Newest UO SUB W-9            October, 2018                         Old version December, 2017 valid until April 30, 2019

Thanks,

Dan Patten
Accounts Payable
PO Box 3237