Fleet Copier Program

Business Affairs Office News bao-news at lists.uoregon.edu
Tue May 24 11:18:13 PDT 2016

Good Morning Campus,

The University has reached an agreement with CTX/Xerox on an enterprise- wide Fleet Copier Program. The program is designed to consolidate multifunction copy machine acquisitions into one contract and take advantage of the University's buying power under a strategic campus-wide agreement.  We anticipate savings of over $200,000 per year for campus with this new agreement.

Under the new program, most departments will see their monthly charges drop (based on rates prior to the month-to-month rentals). Some departments will also see significant enhancements in equipment.  Additionally, departments will no longer need to individually negotiate these leases.  An additional announcement will be coming soon with specific details on costs, machine models, and added capabilities.

The implementation process will begin in the next few weeks with the completion by the end of August. Each department will be contacted directly by CTX/Xerox to coordinate the necessary exchange of any copier. All attempts will be made to establish efficient logistics during the process.

As part of the agreement, all existing leases on copiers will be bought out by CTX/Xerox. All expenses associated with these buyouts will be the responsibility of CTX/Xerox, and at no expense to the University. All lease buyouts will be coordinated through Purchasing and Contract Services, Business Affairs, and CTX/Xerox, and overseen by Printing and Mailing Services.

I thank all the committee members, IS employees, Purchasing and Contract Services, and various other departments for their tireless hard work to make this contract happen, your input was invaluable in the process. I also want to thank all the departments on campus for their patience during this very lengthy process.

Kind Regards,

Mark

Mark Dixon
Director