Copier Study Update/Survey

Business Affairs Office News bao-news at lists.uoregon.edu
Tue Mar 26 16:29:38 PDT 2013

Dear Campus:

The University of Oregon has recently hired a private consultant, Pro Buyers, to do an evaluation of its existing copier fleet and related printing/scanning/faxing devices.  The intent is to determine the value of centralizing our current process of obtaining copiers.  A team from Pro Buyers will be on campus the week of April 15 through April 19 collecting data from each department.

To help with Pro Buyers assessment we are asking for your feedback on the project. A questionnaire has been attached to this e-mail. We are requesting that either the main office administrator, budget manager,  or department manager complete this questionnaire.

Please complete this questionnaire by Noon on Friday, April 12, 2013.  If you have questions please contact Mark Dixon, 346-2432 or John Boytz, 346-3796. Thank you for your help!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dElVdWgxdmx3OFNWY0ZCNTJtOHZhQnc6MA

If you are having trouble viewing or submitting this form, please fill out the questions below and send to Jeff Smith  jsmith at probuyersllc.com<mailto:jsmith at probuyersllc.com> :

Name of Person Submitting Questionnaire
Phone Extension of Person Submitting Questionnaire
Email Address of Person Submitting Questionnaire
Building / Floor
Room Number
Department / School Name
How many copiers do you have in your department
Number of people using this copier(s)
Number of people using this copier(s) as a printer
Do the copier(s) have the ability to print from desktop computers?

  *   ( ) Yes
  *   ( ) No
  *   ( ) Don't Know

Do the copier(s)have scan-to-email capability?

  *   ( ) Yes
  *   ( ) No
  *   ( ) Don't Know

Do the copier(s) have faxing capability?

  *   ( ) Yes
  *   ( ) No
  *   ( ) Don't Know

Please provide the name of the company that services your existing copier(s).

On a scale of 1 to 5, with a score of 5 representing the best possible service, please rate the service responsiveness of the company listed in response to the question above.

1

2

3

4

5

( )

( )

( )

( )

( )

Do you have printers on the desks of most office personnel?

  *   ( ) Yes
  *   ( ) No
  *   ( ) Don't Know

Do you print more than 2,000 pages per month to any of your department's existing printers?

  *   ( ) Yes
  *   ( ) No
  *   ( ) Don't Know

Can your department reduce the total number of printers, faxes, scanners and copiers it has in place by combining two or more units into one?

  *   ( ) Yes
  *   ( ) No
  *   ( ) Don't Know

Please provide any other copier / printer-related input:

Mark Dixon
Director
Printing and Mailing Services
University of Oregon