[Andalusi Studies] CFPs MLA 2024 (Philadelphia) Medieval Iberian Studies

David Wacks wacks at uoregon.edu
Wed Feb 8 17:40:23 PST 2023

Dear colleagues:

The Medieval Iberian Forum of the MLA announces the following calls for papers for the 2024 MLA Convention (Philadelphia, Jan 4-7). Please note that presenters must be members of the MLA before registering for the conference.

New Currents in Medieval Iberian Studies (in person)
The LLC Medieval Iberian Forum invites submissions of 15 minute-long papers on any topic in Medieval Iberian Studies. Please send an abstract (max 250 words) and short bio (100 words) to session organizer.

Deadline for submissions: Wednesday, 1 March 2023
Donald Wood, Oklahoma SU (donald.wood at okstate.edu <mailto:donald.wood at okstate.edu> )

Celebration: Joy and Sorrow in Medieval Iberia I
The Medieval Iberian forum invites submissions of 15-minute long papers on the topic of Celebration: Joy and Sorrow in Medieval Iberia. Please send an abstract (max 250 words) and bio (100 words) to session organizer.

Deadline for submissions: Wednesday, 1 March 2023
David Wacks, U of Oregon (wacks at uoregon.edu <mailto:wacks at uoregon.edu> )

Celebration: Joy and Sorrow in Medieval Iberia II (virtual)
The Medieval Iberian Forum invites submissions for 15-minute long papers on the topic (broadly construed) of Celebration: Joy and Sorrow in Medieval Iberia. Preference given to graduate students and scholars working outside the tenure system.

Deadline for submissions: Wednesday, 1 March 2023
Robin Bower, Penn State University, Beaver Campus (rmb29 at psu.edu <mailto:rmb29 at psu.edu> )

Best wishes,
David

David Wacks (he/him/his)
Head and Professor of Spanish
Dept of Romance Languages
School of Global Studies and Languages
University of Oregon
General Editor, Open Iberia/América Teaching Anthology<https://openiberiaamerica.hcommons.org/>
agenda<http://davidwacks.uoregon.edu/agenda> / blog<http://davidwacks.uoregon.edu/> / cv<http://davidwacks.uoregon.edu/cv/> / mastodon<https://hcommons.social/web/@davidwacks>  / hcommons.org<http://hcommons.org/members/davidwacks> / LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-wacks-b2b509aa/>

Book an appointment with me<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/ProfWacksofficehours@uoregon.edu/bookings/>

Designated Reporter: I am required to report all incidents of prohibited discrimination and harassment including sexual harassment and violence that I learn about to the Office of Investigations and Civil Rights Compliance<https://investigations.uoregon.edu/>. I will also direct students to resources to help them.