[Andalusi Studies] New book on Jihad and memory in al-Andalus

javier.albarran at uam.es javier.albarran at uam.es
Wed Feb 17 01:54:02 PST 2021

Dear colleagues,

In case you are interested, I am pleased to announce the publication
of my new book, entitled Ejércitos benditos. Yihad y memoria en
al-Andalus (siglos X-XIII). It analyzes, from different perspectives
such as the legitimation of power, ritualization or phenomenology, the
discourses of holy war that were displayed in the Islamic West, and
their link with the memory of the first battles of Islam. I hope you
find it useful.

Please, find attached the cover page.

You can find more details in the following link:

https://editorial.ugr.es/static/Emanagement/*/detalle_libro/ejercitos-benditos

Stay safe and all the best

--
Javier Albarrán Iruela

https://javieralbarran.academia.edu

Medieval Islamic History

Postdoctoral Research Fellow - DFG Center for Advanced Study
"RomanIslam. Center for Comparative Empire and Transcultural Studies".
Universität Hamburg.

Coordinador del seminario Historia y Religión de la UAM
https://seminariohistoriayreligionuam.wordpress.com/

Editor de al-Andalus y la Historia
http://www.alandalusylahistoria.com