[Andalusi Studies] PRESENTATION OF THE BOOK "Merchants, Craftsmen and Ulama"

ENEKO LOPEZ eneko.lopezm at ehu.eus
Mon Nov 2 01:57:15 PST 2020

Dear colleagues,

I hope that you and your loved ones are doing well within the unusual
context we are living in. I am Dr. Eneko López Martínez de Marigorta,
Assistant Professor at the University of the Basque Country. I have
just published the book "Mercaderes, Artesanos y Ulemas. Las Ciudades
de las Coras de Ilbīra y Pechina en Época Omeya (Merchants, Craftsmen
and Ulama. The Cities of the Regions of Ilbīra and Pechina during the
Umayyad period)” at the UJA Editorial. Focusing on the south-east of
al-Andalus, the book analyses in detail the socio-economic and
political dynamics that drove the transition from the Visigothic rural
and Christian society to the Andalusian one characterised by
Arab-Islamisation, urban flourishing and trans-Mediterranean trade.
Please find attached the abstract, the cover and the back cover. You
can find more information on the following website:
https://editorial.ujaen.es/libro/mercaderes-artesanos-y-ulemas_108915/

This Friday, November 6th at 12:00 from Chile (16:00 from Spain) I
will make an online presentation of the book at the Sociedad Chilena
de Estudios Medievales. It will be introduced by Eduardo Manzano
(CSIC) and presented by Diego Melo (Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez). You
are all invited to attend this presentation, and any contribution,
suggestion or criticism you may have of the book is very welcome.

I wish you a good start to the week.
Yours faithfully,

Dr. Eneko López Martínez de Marigorta
Assistant Professor of Economic History
Faculty of Arts, University of the Basque Country