[Andalusi Studies] podcast on Medieval Sepharad

Ryan Szpiech szpiech at umich.edu
Tue Feb 12 14:15:45 PST 2019

Dear Friends,

This year at the Frankel Center for Judaic Studies at the University of Michigan, we are producing a podcast on Sephardic Jewish history. It may be of interest to you or your students.

In the latest episode, I discuss the Jewish convert Abner of Burgos and the anti-Jewish riots of 1391 entitled "He is Still Israel? Conversion and Sephardic Identity before and after 1391.”
It can be found here https://lsa.umich.edu/judaic/news-events/all-news/search-news/new-frankely-judaic-podcast-episode-featuring-ryan-szpiech.html

Other podcasts include S.J. Pearce (NYU) on “In the Taifa Kingdoms: The Medieval Poetics of Modern Nationalism” and Ross Brann (Cornell) on “Andalusi and Sephardi Exceptionalism.”

More podcasts will follow this year. One can access all links and subscribe to the whole podcast here: https://lsa.umich.edu/judaic/resources/frankely-judaic-podcasts.html

Best wishes,
Ryan

Ryan Szpiech
Editor, Medieval Encounters
Associate Professor, Romance Languages & Judaic Studies
University of Michigan
http://sites.lsa.umich.edu/ryanszpiech/