[Andalusi Studies] Position Announcement: Modern Spanish Literatures and Cultures

Dangler, C.Jean jdangler at tulane.edu
Fri Apr 5 12:41:05 PDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

Please encourage your graduate students and others to apply for our newly created position in Modern Spanish Literatures and Cultures, which should be available soon on Interfolio. We are interested in applicants whose work takes up the literary and cultural connections between Spain and North Africa.

Visiting Assistant Professor of Modern Spanish Literatures and Cultures
The Department of Spanish and Portuguese at Tulane University seeks to hire a one-year, non-tenure-track Visiting Assistant Professor of Modern Spanish Literatures and Cultures to begin July 1, 2019. Candidates should have the PhD in hand, demonstrated teaching experience, and native or near-native fluency in Spanish. Competence in Arabic is a plus. We seek applicants whose work engages literary and cultural production in Spain and North Africa, from any period from 19C to the present. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to engage with Tulane’s Arabic studies program and contribute to an emerging program in Middle Eastern and North African studies. Upload letter of application, CV, three letters of recommendation, and a writing sample to Interfolio. Review of applications will begin on April 24.

Best wishes,
Jean

Jean Dangler
Professor and Chair