travelnews: Travel Tips: AirFare Authorization Forms
BAO news for travel administrators
travelnews at lists.uoregon.edu
Mon Oct 29 17:19:08 PDT 2012
Here is a refresher on the Airfare Authorization Form.
*** Important - Please be sure to send a copy of the complete airfare authorization form to the Travel Office for our monthly credit card reconciliation! ***
Here is the form: http://ba.uoregon.edu/sites/ba/files/forms/aaf.pdf
* No Nicknames. Please use the traveler's legal name, as it appears on the itinerary.
* Contact Info: Who do we call with questions? Please be sure to fill in contact name and phone number.
* Little boxes: please be sure to tick New, Change, Personal Time, etc. so we know the purpose of the transaction
* Itinerary - Short N Sweet: Fill in the dates, plus departure and arrival city. That's plenty!
* Agency/Agent name. Please put in both - we might not know which agency Sue works for.
* Business Purpose - Make it pretty, please! We want all the info! Spell out acronyms, give the dates of business. If the business dates don't match travel dates, please say why. Is your traveler a guest? Say why we are paying for him to travel. Include a copy of the PSC contract. Is there personal time? Please don't make us guess!
Your department signature authorizer (box on the left side) needs to have this form on file:
http://ba.uoregon.edu/sites/ba/files/forms/dsa.pdf They have been given authorization from a department head to expend funds for the index you are using. Check with us to be sure there is a form on file. If it has been a few years since the form was submitted, please update your information by filling out a new form.
Travel Agency Authorizer (box on the right): this is a person who has been given authority to sign and charge airline tickets to the Travel Office credit card. Get this signature and fax the form to the travel agency and fax a copy to travel for the credit card reconciliation Or send to the Travel Office for a signature and we will fax the agency to finalize the airline ticket.
Deadline: Once a reservation is made, the price is subject to change until it is ticketed. Please be sure to fax airfare authorization forms to the Travel Office by 4pm for processing. There is always someone assigned to the fax machine for airfare authorization form processing. Since there is no Travel Office general email box, please avoid emailing as we cannot guarantee receipt of your email for airfare authorizations.
Airline Travel: http://ba.uoregon.edu/content/air-travel
When to get comparison quotes: http://ba.uoregon.edu/content/air-travel-when-to-get-a-comparison-air-fare-quote
Have a great week!
Laurie Jacoby, CTC
Business Affairs Office
University of Oregon
lajacoby at uoregon.edu<mailto:lajacoby at uoregon.edu>
541-346-3158 - Voice
541-346-8078 - Travel Fax
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the travelnews