travelnews: Concur Roundtable Topic summary plus travel updates for this week

BAO news for travel administrators travelnews at lists.uoregon.edu
Thu Mar 26 10:41:43 PDT 2020

To our UO Traveler and Delegates:

See the third attachment for the list of talking points and discussion from Wednesday's Roundtable.

Thank you for the large number of you who participated in our Zoom monthly Concur Roundtable.  At one point we had 124 participants on the call! I hope we were able to impart important UO business travel information and answer your questions but please reach out if you have any others.  The travel office contact information is:

          Phone:  541-346-3111    email:  travel at uoregon.edu

Most upcoming travel for the near future has already been canceled.  If your department has travel into May, June and beyond you can wait until closer to the date to cancel but do not forget that you must cancel prior to departure for your ticket to have any credit for future travel.   Cancel and change guidelines continue to remain fluid and we do not believe that travel vendors have settled on final rules related to the coronavirus pandemic travel ban.  There is no rush in submitting an expense report for a few weeks until rules and offers are finalized.

Airline ticket purchases must still be processed for payment.  These charges do not "go away" and thus far we are seeing very few refunds.  Nor will you see any notification of a "credit".  You simply have an unused/cancelled ticket that you will exchange for future air travel so all airline ticket expenses on the agency lodge card will need to be processed on a Concur expense report.  Be sure to use Activity Code:  IRCRNA for any expenses paid out for cancelled travel related to the COVID-19 travel ban.

We will continue to send updates through Travelnews as things change related to travel.

As I announced, our travel agencies (TMCs) are not booking new travel and thus may be working with reduced staffing (see attachment from Direct Travel).

Important: Concur Notifications related to profile changes:  we have enacted a setting to send you an email when changes have been made to your Concur profile.  This is a control point instituted to prevent fraudulent attempts on our UO Concur platform.  When the travel office reviews an expense report or when you or your delegate request Concur support, we will often sign in to view information in your travel button.  This will "self-assign" us as a travel arranger and you will receive the notification.  We hope to be able to turn off this automatic messaging soon.  If you should have any questions about any notification you receive or are not expecting, please contact the Travel Office.

For students who may still be on campus and need to return home, Enterprise Rental Car is offering a student one way rental with no drop charge for drivers 18 and older.  Please direct students to the Enterprise website for details:  https://www.enterprise.com/en/car-rental/deals/young-driver.html

Stay safe,

[cid:image001.png at 01D602AE.1B6D6ED0]
Laurie Jacoby
Travel Manager
Business Affairs Office
University of Oregon
lajacoby at uoregon.edu<mailto:lajacoby at uoregon.edu>
541-346-3158
**  If your travel involves human subjects research, please do not disclose any information that is protected under UO Policy and other Regulations http://rcs.uoregon.edu/content/regulations-and-uo-policy

Travel Office/Concur Help Desk:     Phone:  6-3100 ***  Email:  travel at uoregon.edu<mailto:travel at uoregon.edu>