travelnews: TripIt Pro - FREE for ALL UO employees

BAO news for travel administrators travelnews at lists.uoregon.edu
Fri Sep 27 12:52:11 PDT 2019

TripIt Pro is part of the UO Concur suite of travel products.  It is downloadable mobile app and free for all UO employees to use for personal or business travel.

How does it work:  Send itineraries to plans at tripit.com<mailto:plans at tripit.com> or enter travel details manually into the TripIt Pro app.

What does it do?

*         Check in reminder:  Directs you to the airline website for check-in 24 hours prior to travel
*         Sends real-time flight alerts, flight delays or cancellations, gate notifications
*         Assists in locating alternate flights if plans change
*         Seat Tracker:  Lets you know if better seats become available
*         Security Wait Time:  lets you know how long it will take to get through airport security
*         Provides interactive airport maps to help you find your next gate plus searchable options (restrooms, coffee shops, etc.)
*         Holds all travel confirmation information (air, hotel, rental car) and vendor contact information in one location
*         Baggage:  provides baggage claim info when you land
*         GPS mapping for all driving trips, will direct you back to your rental car lot
*         While at your location, provides ATM information, restaurant finder,
*         International Travel Tool - provide country specific travel information

>From University of Oregon TripIt Pro Users:

The Trip It app has made me so lazy.  I just look at it to see what I should be doing/where I should be going next when I'm traveling out of town.  It always reminds me to check in for my flights (which I love because I fly Southwest most of the time).  The Trip It app spoils me - in fact, it notified me of my cancelled flight due to inclement weather.  The airline never reached out to notify me of the cancellation.  Since the app alerted me to the cancellation, I was able to reschedule and get out on an earlier flight and not impact my trip.

"I flew in and out of Portland for a personal trip and used the TripIt Pro mapping feature for my drive home.  There was an accident in Salem and the app suggested I exit off I-5 to detour around it. I saved between 20 min - 2 hours after a long travel day with this information."

" I never stop at the airport monitors anymore for gate information.  The TripIt Pro app provides gate information updates faster than the airport monitors."

" I just started using TripIt Pro.  I was in a new city and was not sure where to get dinner.  I went travel info in the app and located a map with restaurants which also provided links to their websites for menus and pricing and found a great place close by.  I used the GPS for walking directions."

            " TripIt Pro practically packed my bag for me!  When I got my alert for my upcoming trip, TripIt gave me the weather forecast so I knew to take an umbrella!"

"I love Trip it Pro! All of my itinerary information is in one place and I receive alerts for flight delays, gate changes, and when I need to check in for my flight. The app allows me to view airport maps to know what services were available to me.   Trip it Pro is a game changer when it comes to busy business travel, when you have to make quick decisions to avoid delays and ensure you reach your business location on time, fueled,  and ready to work."

How to get TripIt Pro:

  *   Login to concur.uoregon.edu and visit the App Center menu top right.  TripIt should be listed under popular connections.
[cid:image003.jpg at 01D57532.600D0BE0]

  *   Click on TripIt.  A page will load with a button to 'Connect'.
  *   A Terms & Conditions pop-up window will appear and ask you to agree to basic terms of use. Check the box and click "I Agree" if you'd like to continue.
  *   Accounts Linked notice will display with options to Continue, or click Tripit Mobile button if already on mobile device to take you to app download.
  *   Download the App from your app store, install, then sign in using the new password you just set.

*         Start emailing your reservation confirmations to plans at tripit.com<mailto:plans at tripit.com>

Learn more:  https://www.tripit.com/web/how-it-works
For help:  https://help.tripit.com/hc/en-us

[cid:D409AF7E-A065-4B03-9E7F-72A60DB7E5EF]
Laurie Jacoby
Travel Manager
Business Affairs Office
University of Oregon
lajacoby at uoregon.edu<mailto:lajacoby at uoregon.edu>
541-346-3158
**  If your travel involves human subjects research, please do not disclose any information that is protected under UO Policy and other Regulations http://rcs.uoregon.edu/content/regulations-and-uo-policy

Travel Office/Concur Help Desk:     Phone:  6-3100 ***  Email:  travel at uoregon.edu<mailto:travel at uoregon.edu>