travelnews: Changes to Concur Expense Type Names

BAO news for travel administrators travelnews at lists.uoregon.edu
Tue Jun 25 09:55:04 PDT 2019

UO Concur users:

As we enter into our second year using Concur for travel booking, reimbursement and reporting, we are implementing several small adjustments to the names of Expense Types.  The new names will better describe/define the expense type and hopefully result in less confusion by users.

Hotel  - change to Lodging:
          This expense type is used not only for hotels but also for condo and apartment rental, Airbnb, VRBO, dorms and other sleeping accommodations.  "Lodging" is a more inclusive term of this type of expense.

Other Accommodation - change to Non-Commercial Lodging
          This expense is referenced in UO Travel Policy as non-commercial lodging when staying with friends or family and is paid at $25 per night.  Changing the name would provide consistent campus terminology and allow clear understanding of the expense type.

Personal/One Card/Non Reimbursable - change to Personal/UO Card/Non Reimbursable:
   This expense type is now being used to label both personal Lodge Card (air) and One Card (corporate travel card) expenses that are not reimbursable.  Changing the label from One Card to UO Card demonstrate inclusion of both card programs.

Have a lovely summer,

[cid:D409AF7E-A065-4B03-9E7F-72A60DB7E5EF]
Laurie Jacoby
Travel Manager
Business Affairs Office
University of Oregon
lajacoby at uoregon.edu<mailto:lajacoby at uoregon.edu>
541-346-3158
**  If your travel involves human subjects research, please do not disclose any information that is protected under UO Policy and other Regulations http://rcs.uoregon.edu/content/regulations-and-uo-policy

Travel Office/Concur Help Desk:     Phone:  6-3100 ***  Email:  travel at uoregon.edu<mailto:travel at uoregon.edu>